LI-EPO - Junior Outreach Coordinator (Stationed at LIGO-India site)
Consolidated salary of Rs. 35,000/- p.m.
No. of Post(s):
02 (Two) - Unreserved
30 years (Relaxation as per Govt. of India norms)
Duration of Contract:
One Year, extendable to 3-years (Subject to availability of funds)
Qualification & Experience:
Bachelors in Physics/Maths/Astronomy/Engineering, Computer Science or related areas from a recognised University (M.Sc./M.E. will carry further weightage)
(i) Conducting large scale educational events involving teachers and school/college students
(ii) Experience in Science popularisation / Amateur astronomy
(i) Basic knowledge in astronomy
(ii) Proficiency in English, Hindi, Marathi for science communication (written and verbal)
(iii) Adaptability to rural environment as required for science popularisation
(iv) Computer skills including proficiency in using Office and editing software
(v) Proactive and social nature, efficient management skills
Job Description & Responsibilities:
• Designing and organising regular outreach activities at and around the location of LIGO-India. These will include astronomy as well as general science workshops for students and teachers, sky-watching sessions, visits and talks by experts etc.
• Develop and maintain relations with local stakeholders and work on augmenting local education efforts (this will involve frequent travel)
• Maintain local media relations and assist with preparing and issuing press releases.
• Ensure project participation in local student events, school and college festivals, major exhibitions and EPO events
• Contribute to detailed documentation of various stages of the LIGO-India project.
Points to note:
Organisation of events (at night or on weekends) requires a considerable amount of travel and stay outside Pune.
Last Date of Application:
July 05, 2023